In these days, the internet explorer is making security changes in the Transport security layer and the setting of TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1. You can only work on QuickBooks when the TLS 1.2 is enabled on your Internet Explorer otherwise you might get difficulty in using the QuickBooks. It will be very difficult to make it compatible with the security changes in the Windows 10 and if you will work on the latest version of internet explorer, then it will work in a nice way but the older version might need to be updated. If you are interested in moving your QuickBooks Online data to your QuickBooks desktop, then you can follow the easy and simple steps given below. These instructions are for the people who have Windows 10 as it has the TLS 1.2 function enabled by default.
- The first thing which you will need to do it to check the TLS 1.2 is enabled on your internet explorer. It is default in Windows 10 but for the confirmation, you should check it at once.
- Then you will need to close the QuickBooks on the desktop after which you can go to the internet explorer where you can turn it on to begin the procedure.
- Then in the internet explorer, you will need to find the tools menu from where you will be able to select the internet option from where you will need to follow the advanced setting of the option.
- Then you will need to find out the security option with the help of which you can find if the TLS 1.2 is enabled or not. If it is not a checkbox, then it will be enabled and select the option of OK.
If you are the users of any other windows, then you can follow the steps which are instructed below:
- Though, it is recommended that you choose to upgrade the internet explorer to the latest version of the Internet Explorer 11 as this will help the software to become compatible with windows.
- First of all, you will need to close the QuickBooks Desktop, and then you will go to the internet explorer and search for the tools menu from where you can select the internet options.
- Then you will need to go to the advanced settings and check the security part TLS 1.2 is enabled or not. Then you can click OK and turn off the internet explorer after which you can restart your Desktop QuickBooks so that it will start working in a proper way.
If the problem is not resolved with these steps, then you can contact to the customer care services at QuickBooks Tech Support Number.